The Editorial Board is currently accepting manuscripts for future issues.
Within a conceptual framework that values an integration of theory and practice Studies in Applied Linguistics and TESOL publishes full-length articles dealing, in a principled way, with language, language use, language acquisition, language teaching, and language assessment. The Journal particularly welcomes submissions in the following areas: second language acquisition, second language assessment, sociolinguistics, pragmatics, discourse analysis, second language instruction, and second language teacher education. Empirical studies, state-of-the-art reviews, and book reviews are also welcomed.
Manuscripts submitted to the Journal should normally be no longer than 8,000 words (including notes, appendices, tables, and references). Each manuscript must begin with an abstract not exceeding 200 words. Manuscripts should follow APA format. Works referred to should be separately listed at the end of the article. For reference formats, see http://www.apastyle.org.
No information that identifies the author should be included in the manuscript. A separate title page should be provided, with the following information: title, author’s name, affiliation, address, and e-mail address.
Contributors should submit manuscripts to the journal’s submission portal. Questions should be directed to editor Nadja Tadic: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Preparation Checklist with more details is available below.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file (.doc or .docx) format.
- The submission is no longer than 8,000 words (including notes, appendices, tables, and references).
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- Submission follows APA format (http://www.apastyle.org)
- The text has had the authors’ names removed. If an author is cited, “Author” and year are used in the bibliography and footnotes, instead of author’s name, paper title, etc. The author’s name has also been removed from the document’s Properties, which in Microsoft Word is found in the File menu.
- A separate title page is provided, with the following information: title, the author’s name, affiliation, address, and e-mail address.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.